RSS Feed

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I Love who??? LOL

This is so random, and a lot of people don't know this about me, I don't even know if my closest friends know, but when I was a child I absolutely adored Lucille Ball. I have seen every episode of I Love Lucy known to man and when I was about 5 or 6 I would tell people that when I grew up I was going to change my name to I Love Lucy, no not Lucy, not Lucille Ball, but my entire name was going to be I Love Lucy. There are many reasons why I love her now in my adulthood, but as a child I simply loved her because I thought she was HILARIOUS. Little did I know that she, along with her husband Desi Arnez would revolutionize television as we know it today. Here are some facts about Lucy Desi Empire!


1. Lucy was not only a genius performer, but a smart, innovative businesswoman: she and husband/co-star Desi Arnaz introduced the idea of syndicating TV shows, and she was the first woman to own her own film studio (Desilu).

2. After 2 decades spent trying to become a movie superstar, Lucille Ball was 40 years old when she finally became a Hollywood Player with the debut of 'I Love Lucy' in 1951.

3. Lucy is in the National Women's Hall of Fame, which includes just one other TV star: Oprah Winfrey.

4. Lucy was an uncredited producer on the 1983 Tom Cruise football drama 'All the Right Moves. 'Her second husband, Gary Morton, had co-produced the film via Lucy's Lucille Ball Productions.

5. Among the other TV series produced by Desilu: 'Star Trek,' 'The Untouchables' and 'Mission: Impossible.'

Lucy would have been 100 years old on August 6th, so here is a HAPPY HAPPY Belated birthday to one of my idols.

To Read more about the incomparable Lucille Ball... Check out the Link Below:

http://www.biography.com/people/lucille-ball-9196958

No comments:

Post a Comment