RSS Feed

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I am too grown for that...


I just had a recent club experience which I had not had in an extremely long time and somewhere between walking from my car, standing in line in the rain, and my first drink at the bar I had an epiphany... I am too grown to be doing this. I sucked it up because I was there with friends but I was semi-salty all night. I don't know what really set me off edge or if it was everything collectively. The hot rain humid night that made my hair fall, the fact that my pinky toes decided in unison that they did not like the shoes I was wearing, the drunk guys that grab your arm as if you're supposed to just turn around and say hey boo and dance with them, the crowds of people that walk through your group of friends while you are talking , the pushing, the tripping, the sweating ugh! It felt like a college party all over again, and most of the people that were there had been out of school for at least 4 years. The next morning you feel the slight wooziness of one drink or the hurricane of 4 or more, head hurts, stomach hurts, hair smells like smoke, now the daunting task of being a productive citizen in society. I definitely did not enjoy myself, and now I am wondering is this a part of growing up, or am I going through some beginning life crisis? There was a time when I thoroughly enjoyed my club experiences, now...not so much. I think it may be time for me to hang up my dancing shoes :-/

1 comment: